It is a fact that data assets are always generated in bulk, and users, therefore, need a broad set of data management to overcome the limitations of multi-vendor, multi-cloud, and data environments. Data Fabric is one such architecture that allows you to manage data and applications, regardless of their location. It is a single platform that simplifies the access, management, and control over distributed and incompatible data assets.
What is Data Fabric?
Data Fabric is an architecture designed to overcome the challenges of a hybrid multi-cloud landscape. In other words, it is a standardized platform that addresses the need to manage diverse data to provide the best IT services across all different data sources.
Example: An under-carriage service that provides ready access to enterprise data
Principles and Advantages
Data Fabric architecture operates on a consolidated framework that manages, protects, and unifies diverse data management processes such as data integration and governance, data curation, and data orchestration.
Advantages of Data Fabric:
- It allows data to be retrieved, validated, and enriched automatically without third-party tools.
- The chances of data breaching are almost eliminated due to a multi-key operation engine.
- It offers excellent performance. In other words, it can run every query on a small amount of data.
Why does your business need Data Fabric?
Unlike different and disconnected data infrastructures of past days, it is a flexible, adaptive, and secure set of data management capabilities that ensure consistency across an integrated environment.
- a new way to modernize your business storage to avail the benefits of the cloud, core, and edge
- unleashes the power of data to meet business demands and help in gaining a competitive edge
- allows you to monitor storage costs, performance, and efficiency
In case you want to optimize something, you can do it rapidly in your hybrid cloud environment without worrying about security as the data is protected by the highest level of encryption. Thus, the flexibility of Data Fabric infrastructure allows businesses to adapt to quickly changing technology needs and choose the infrastructure that best fits the business requirements and nature of data.
Monetary Benefits from Data Fabric
The study by Forrester New Technology: Projected Total Economic Impact 2020 projects the following benefits from Data Fabric architecture:
- Increase in ROI by 459%
- An average business profit of $5.8 million
- Acceleration in data delivery by 60 times
- 20 times faster customer affinity analysis
With technology changing at an unprecedented pace, businesses constantly need to increase the rate of innovation in terms of adapting to new software and applications. Gone days approaches will make it difficult for businesses to cope with the pace. But data fabric’s designs and capabilities can resolve this problem by addressing the technical challenges of operating data services and leveraging the cloud platform capabilities.
Since the idea of data fabric is real and consolidated, it is the futuristic approach to the data management process.